Wine Shipping Information
Learn how Sanford Winery will be shipping your wine order.
- All wine shipments require a signature from an individual over the age of 21 years.
- Standard shipping carrier is UPS Ground.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-426-9463 for order tracking information or expedited shipping options.
- We do not ship on major holidays or weekends and typically not on Thursdays or Fridays.
Standard delivery shipping includes costs for third party transit and all product-handling costs.
- Standard delivery shipments will arrive within 7 to 10 days, following credit card authorization.
- All wine shipments require a signature for receipt. Signatures must be obtained in person from an individual over the age of 21 years.
- Shipping charges are calculated when you check out.
- State laws prohibit our shipping wine to hotels, motels or licensed beverage facilities outside of California.
- Unfortunately, we cannot ship alcohol to PO Boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
Every effort is made to process orders within three business days after order is placed. We do not ship on major holidays or weekends and typically do not ship on Thursdays or Fridays. Additionally, in cases of extreme weather conditions (i.e., heat and/or cold), we will delay the release of shipments to ensure the highest quality of products at the time of arrival.
Standard Ground Shipping
The standard shipping option for all orders (except those shipping to Vermont, which require FedEx, and Alaska and Hawaii, which require UPS 2-day Air) is the Ground Delivery service of United Parcel Service (UPS). Orders shipped Ground will typically arrive 3 - 6 business days after the order leaves the warehouse. UPS deliveries will occur between Mondays and Fridays, excluding any holidays.
Express Shipping via UPS 2 day Air is available for an additional shipping charge. Every effort will be made to process express shipments within three business days after order is placed. SELECTING 2 DAY AIR SHIPPING OPTION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ORDER WILL ARRIVE 2 DAYS FROM DATE ORDER IS PLACED. (FedEx to Vermont) During the check out process the exact shipping charge for all deliveries within the Continental U.S. will be posted.
Shipping & Handling Charges
Shipping & Handling charges are noted during the check-out process.
Adult Signature Required
Wine orders require an adult to be present to sign for the delivery, so whenever possible, we strongly encourage you to use a business/office address to assure the fastest delivery time.
Multiple Delivery Attempts
If no one is available to receive the package, two subsequent attempts to deliver will be made. After the third delivery attempt, the package will be returned to Sanford Winery. A reshipping fee will apply for replacement shipments.
BOTTLE LIMITS AND AVAILABILITY
In some instances, state laws regulate product availability and/or wine purchase limitations. Working within state and local laws may prevent our ability to fulfill your order requests.
OUT OF STOCK ITEMS
While we continually monitor inventory to ensure our website's accuracy, there are occasions when certain vintages are no longer available. When that occurs, our Wine Specialists will replace the wine with a comparable vintage or varietal substitution. Please call customer service at 800-426-9463 ext 1 for assistance.
Sanford Winery guarantees quality products and service. Your satisfaction is our first priority. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your order, please contact us within 30 days of receipt of your order for assistance. Wine purchases are non-refundable.